RPA is the technical development subsidiary of Touchbet Ltd which operates in the sports betting industry. The companies are part of the Sporting Group, a UK based company group, which includes Sporting Index and Sporting Solutions. Touchbet is a trading company which also offers B2B services. RPA has developed software to determine odds for live football since 2004, and now has expanded into multiple sports. The system consists of algorithms for odds calculations and risk management, along with associated infrastructure.
RPA is a small company with an informal working culture. This means that it is extremely important that you are driven and motivated to take initiative.
We offer flexible work hours and a stimulating work culture where you have the ability to directly influence the company’s products and work environment. We are located in modern premises in central Stockholm.
We are looking for a quantitative analyst to join our team. Depending on your background and experience, your role will consist of a mix of the following:
- – develop/apply methods (e.g. from machine learning) to keep track of and analyze long and short term trends in our trading
- – deepening the understanding of and improving our mathematical models and risk management system used for live trading.
The role will be quite open-ended in the sense that innovation is strongly encouraged, so you will be given space to develop your own ideas; ideas on how to improve our current (complex) system as well as entirely new ideas.
We would like you to have some of the following:
- – a master’s degree (possibly a PhD) in a mathematical subject
- – good knowledge of probability theory and statistics
- – practical experience of working with methods from the field of machine learning
- – a few year’s relevant work experience outside academia
- – be highly attentive to detail as well as a pragmatic doer
- – be a team player keen on sharing ideas with colleagues, with ability to adapt the technical level of the discussion to the context (talking to mathematicians/developers/traders/management)
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- – experience of writing database queries
- – programming experience
- – experience of working with finding patterns in large and noisy data sets
- – a good knowledge of numerical algorithms
- – experience of working in this or a related field (e.g. having knowledge of models used for pricing financial securities)
Applications and further questions should be sent to
Christian Svensson, PhD, head of quantitative research, email@example.com
We’re also hiring
We are looking for a talented programmer to be a part of our passionate team that works with design, implementation and test of software. We develop client-server software that uses advanced algorithms (including numerical methods), network protocols, graphical user interfaces, and databases. We use Microsoft technologies including C# and SQL Server.